Police Incident Report: A Follow Up After No Response From HPD in Two Months


Email to HPD re Civil Action in Harris County District Court

Oct 19, 2022

Please find attached civil action filed in Harris County District Court which will provide additional information for your investigation and where you may become a party or witness.
The case number is 202268307.


Mark Burke

The Initial Police Report Was Filed at Kingwood Police Station on Sat. 13 Aug., 2022, after Self-Discharge from HCA Kingwood Hospital

Oct 13, 2022

Mark Burke (via email)
9:15 PM Oct 13, 2022

To hpd.communityaffairs

Dear Sir or Madam


I filed a report directly upon leaving HCA Healthcare Kingwood Hospital with my local police station on August 13, 2022. I have attached a scanned copy of the receipt I received herein along with my hospital wristband tag (to confirm my stay at Kingwood Hospital).

Officer Brown, who took my report about an ‘imposter doctor’ visiting my bedside for 2 days, during my 3-day stay before I self-checked out on the Saturday morning, along with his supervisor, told me the incident report would be forwarded to Houston and that they would get in touch as Kingwood Police Station is mainly a traffic patrol station.

It has been 2 months since this report was filed and I would like to inquire as to why I have not been contacted. Specifically, this is a criminal matter, when someone is pretending to be a doctor and they are not.

I would be obliged if you could advise by return the status of my incident report.

My cell phone is 832-781-6887 but the reception in Kingwood is horrible so please leave a message if it goes straight to voicemail and I will return your call. Alternatively you have my email.

Thank you for your assistance.

Mark Burke

Auto-Responder from HPD

Oct 13, 2022

Automatic reply: INCIDENT REPORT

Notice: This email account is not monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Email is checked during normal business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time) Monday through Friday, with the exception of City of Houston holidays.

For this reason, do NOT send email to this address reporting a crime or any type of incident requiring a police response.

To report a crime within the city limits of Houston you MUST call us or use one of our online reporting services on our website.

Dial 911 for an emergency.

Call 713-884-3131 for other criminal incidents or suspicious activity.

Theft or criminal mischief (under $5,000) may be reported using our Online Police Report and suspicious activity can be reported using the Patrol Alert Slip. Both the Online Police Report and the Alert Slip are available at www.houstontx.gov/police .

If you live outside the city limits of Houston, please contact your local law enforcement agency.

Thank you for writing to us. Your email has been received and will be reviewed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like